5 Ways Cleanliness Impacts Productivity
5 Ways Cleanliness Impacts Productivity. A lot has changed in how businesses conduct their operations. The threats that COVID pose are still looming over everyone’s heads and has had such an impact on the global economy. Businesses are still recovering while morale is low.
In such depressing times, people have to soldier on and keep on living—working. With offices reopening and operations trying to get back on track—albeit adjusted due to COVID, maximum productivity is essential. The good news is that cleanliness helps uplift the spirit in more ways than one.
Here are 5 ways cleanliness positively impacts health and productivity in the workspace:
- Infection prevention – Productivity is directly impacted by how healthy and how many people are in a business’s premises. The better overall health employees have, the greater financial health a company can achieve. The threat of contracting diseases contributes to feeling stressed out, which in turn contributes to a weakened immune system. Regularly cleaning commercial spaces especially high-traffic areas and areas where people usually converge for extended periods of time (meeting rooms, cafeterias) can give employees AND employers peace of mind that the chances of infection spreading are lessened. Teams are more at ease knowing that their workplace is kept clean, thereby reducing distractions that hinder productivity.
- Stay safe in the workplace – When employees see, feel, and experience a clean and healthy working environment, they don’t have to worry as much about contracting diseases and potentially bringing it home to their families. Reduced worries means more focus and output. Commercial cleaning teams are also trained to look for office areas which need repairs. This helps avoid accidents and any other untoward events caused by, perhaps, warped floors or damaged walls.
- Your workers will be healthier – Routine cleaning such as clearing out and refreshing the bins, dusting and wiping surfaces, and vacuuming the floors coupled with more occasional deep cleaning routines may not seem like they’re visibly doing much. However, it is important to note that bacteria, germs, and viruses thrive in different environments which are not sanitized. Damp and moldy carpets, sticky desks, and unkempt walls can all be breeding grounds for unwanted microbes. A healthier workspace equates to healthier workers, and minding the regular commercial cleaning provides a safe workplace for employees to do what they do best for the company.
- You will stop the spread of viruses and bacteria – Let’s face it, the hardest battles are against opponents we don’t see. Viruses, bacteria, germs, mold, and other small particles (dust, pollen, mites) that enter the human body can wreak havoc on a workforce, and an unkempt office space is a perfect breeding ground for biological antagonists. Scheduled commercial space cleaning helps stop the spread of viruses and bacteria. Thorough cleaning services such as electrostatic misting captures microbes and freshens up space, making it even more conducive to productive workdays.
- Your company image will better –Just as a property for sale has curb appeal, a clean headquarters adds brownie points to your company’s image. Times are tough and the world’s a changing, but this attention to detail and penchant for cleanliness lends a positive image to your company. Receiving clients and conducting business in fresh and well-maintained spaces help ensure recurring meetings and an overall good mood while deals are being made.
Lessen the worry of invisible threats affecting your workforce by booking a professional commercial cleaning team near you.
The AquaMaid team is a dedicated team of detail-oriented commercial cleaners. Our goals include efficiently maintaining the health and cleanliness of your office spaces while using effective cleaning tools and products to combat health threats.
Book a schedule and we’ll work on finding the best and most convenient time to sanitize your commercial spaces.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article “5 Ways Cleanliness Impacts Productivity.” We care about you and our community. Request a a FREE, no-obligation quote HERE.